Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Don't touch me I'm a real live wire

I like these music posts. I don't know if the handful of you reading do, but I sure do. So, here are some more songs I'm into right now:

"Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads

This could be the most boring Rock Band song ever. But damn if it isn't a sweet song to listen to. That bass line in the beginning...so simple, but so great. And this guy's got some vocal chords on him. Just a really cool song.



"Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam

No friggin' clue what Eddie Vedder is saying throughout most of the song (something about a box on the back?), but that guitar riff -- whew. Nicely done, Pearl Jam. Nicely done.



"Holiday in Spain" by Counting Crows

I wish there was a better version of this song on youtube. This one will have to do. Love it. I can sort of play this one on guitar. Winner of a song if I've ever heard one.



"San Dimas High School Football Rules" by The Ataris

What a fun song. Bonus points for the reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure in the title of the song.



Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap, i just watched that Psycho Killer vid the other day by coincidence. Love that band. Have you seen "Stop Making Sense"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen that.

    Yeah the first time I heard the song was on Rock Band. It's awful to play because it's so repetitive...haha. But I knew I could get into just listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop Making Sense is a talking heads concert movie. I generally don't get into recordings of concerts, but that's a good one. A lot of it is on youtube. Here is another good song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11_kvTEshco

    ReplyDelete