Thursday, January 7, 2010

...well then we're shit out of luck.

Time for a music post! I don't know why, but I really love these music posts. Anyway, here are five songs I feel like writing about right now...haha. Oh, and if you count my embarrassing obsession with that Keri Hilson song two posts down, then that's six songs. Anyway.

Stu's tiger song from The Hangover

Yes, that's right. I totally loved this movie -- one of those rare times when I have HUGE expectations for a movie and it delivers. This song was one of my favorite moments. It's funny and catchy, and then he gets to the last line, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I lost it. I can't watch this clip and NOT giggle like a little girl. But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweeeaaakers...well then we're shit out of luck.

I can't embed the song, so click here for the YouTube clip!

Muse - "Knights of Cydonia"

The first time I heard this song was on Guitar Hero, actually, haha. It came on, and I was unimpressed at first. The intro is kinda cool, but it's almost two minutes long. Then the driving drum beat kicked in. Fuck. Yes. This song EASILY made the cut onto my half-marathon list. Here's a live version of it because it still sounds awesome. If this doesn't get you pumped up, you have no soul.



Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"

Yeah, I know. I don't really want to talk about it too much. I absolutely hated this song when I first heard it. But that damn "gaga ooh la la" shit grows roots and plants itself on your brain until you just give in. Please, let's just move on.



Weezer - "(If You're Wondering if I Want You to) I Want You To"

So here's the deal with Weezer. The Blue Album and Pinkteron are two of my favorite albums I own. I can listen to them front to back, never skip a song and LOVE them just as much each time. Because of this, I get sucked into every new Weezer album that comes out. Make Believe, the Red Album and, now, Raditude. While Raditude has the best album cover I've ever seen, *sigh, the rest of it...just, yikes.

This song, I mean, I like it. Don't get me wrong. It's catchy. It's fun. But I'm afraid it stands out so much because the other songs were so...*sigh...so not very good. So yeah. This is the only song on the entire album I can see myself listening to with any regularity at all.

Plus, it really makes me want to play the drums for some reason. Any song that elicits that feeling usually scores pretty high with me.



Reel Big Fish - "Boys Don't Cry"

Well you know how much I love Reel Big Fish. And I'm crazy about some cover songs. This song was originally done by The Cure in the 80s. Fun song. Then RBF took it, added horns and sped it up quite a bit. Love it. Here's a live version from 1997. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment