Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Things I Don't Get About the Metro

Why does the train roll a few feet and come to a jarring stop, roll a few more feet, come to a jarring stop, rinse and repeat?

It's not like the train operator is surprised by traffic and has to put on the brakes. It's a fucking tunnel. If there's a train ahead of you, don't move. When the track is clear, on we go.

I don't get it. The train comes to a stop in the tunnel because there's already one on the platform ahead. That's fine. Thanks for not ramming the back of the other train, you know? But why on EARTH do we have to do the start-stop routine five times? Open your fucking eyes! If the train is still there, don't go!

I think I speak for all Metro customers when I say we'd rather stay stationary for the extra 20 seconds than start-stop several times.

Also, I feel like this has the potential to become a running feature on the blog. So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment