Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A few things

1. We saw a parrot on a leash last night when Anne and I walked around Shelley Lake. He was wearing a small harness too. So, you know, there you go.

2. This time next week, I will probably be in my new home in DC. WTF, mate? I cannot believe how fast this has all happened. Now that I've got a place to live lined up, I'm pretty excited though.

3. I've been reading this fantasy series called A Song of Ice and Fire. The first four books (of seven planned books) have been released, and the fifth is due out this year some time. I thought I might be interested in trying out some fantasy books because, well, why not? I really enjoyed the Harry Potter series, and I heard ASOIAF was one of the best fantasy series out there. I read the first two books of the series and I was REALLY impressed. Each book is close to 1,000 pages though, so I'm taking a break before I crack open the third book. I'm reading The Golden Compass now. Good stuff so far.

4. This commercial is fantastic:



"Your son Rip is on line toot." hahaha

5. The Yankees' bullpen this year is going to give me an ulcer. I mean, really. Let's put some of those limitless resources toward a pitcher or two for the 'pen, yes? Thanks.

6. Don't forget to hit me up in the next week or so. I'm gone to DC after that!

Later!
-BG

2 comments:

  1. I liked that you tagged "parrot on a leash." Just in case anyone is searching for leashed parrot information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you never know when you might need to know if anyone has ever seen a parrot on a leash.

    ReplyDelete