Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I wrecked my bar stool."

I love America.

So this guy was out at a bar. He gets too drunk. He drives home, and on the way, he crashes. He calls 9-1-1 because of the injuries he sustained during the crash. How is this any different than any other drunk-driving accident, you might ask?

Well, I might answer. He was driving a motorized bar stool. Full story from The Smoking Gun at that link. Incredible picture below.




Additional thoughts now that I've had a few hours...(added at 2:30 p.m.)

I'm more amazed at this story every time I think about it. It really is fantastic.

A motorized bar stool!!

There are certain things where you can't help but wish to have been there when the ideas were born -- like those little sticky hands you get out of the 25-cent toy machines.

So this guy Kile Wygle has a motorized bar stool he actually drives to bars. I don't even understand how ridiculous that is.

Oh to have been there when that idea came up.

"Holy shit dude, I've got a great idea. Steve, where's that bar stool we stole last weekend? Oh and I'll also need your lawnmower."

And really, did he just park it outside a bar? No one questioned the bar stool/lawnmower hybrid taking up a spot? Or did he just buzz on into the bar and pull up at the bartender? So many questions, so few answers.

I mean, what do you even do if you see this little redneck Segway rolling down the street? And he got a DUI for it, too.

Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment