Thursday, November 5, 2009

YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!




YES SIR!!

It's been a long nine years. I know it doesn't compare to the suffering of Cubs fans or Indians fans or anything like that, but I'm not a Cubs fan or an Indians fan. Still though, Yankee years are like dog years. Every year feels like it's much longer than a year.

This feels GOOD. After being one out away in 2001, I had "New York, New York" ready to go on my computer. Arizona came back, and I was put on hold. I couldn't play the song, and I blamed myself ever since.

I have literally not listened to that song by choice since then.

That all changed tonight. I got to play it loudly and proudly after the Yanks beat the Phillies in game 6 of the World Series tonight to win title No. 27.

After 2001, and then losing so painfully in 2004, and then missing the playoffs completely last year, wow. This, this just feels really, really good.

GO. YANKS.

1 comment: